It’s an election year! Heaven 98.3 wants you to exercise your constitutional right to VOTE!
In Florida, the last day to register to vote in the Primary Election is July 20th. However, the last date to register to vote in the General Election is October 5. You can click here to register to vote OR update your existing record.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, you may want to Vote-By-Mail. In Florida, you may request a Vote-By-Mail Ballot from your county elections office for any reason. You must request a ballot no later than 5 p.m. on the 10th day prior to an election. Mail-in ballots must be received – not postmarked – by 7 p.m. on Election Day in order to be counted.
- The Leon County Elections Website: http://www.leonvotes.org
- The Gadsden County Elections Website: https://www.gadsdensoe.com/
- The Wakulla County Elections Website: http://www.wakullaelection.com
If your county is not listed, you can find your county’s election website by simply Googling the name of your county + elections.
The Florida Primary Election will be held on August 18. (Only voters who are registered members of the respective political party’s candidates can vote for those candidate nominees in a primary election. Typically that would be either one of the two major political parties (Republicans and Democrats) but it can also include minor political parties if they have candidates for an office on the primary election ballot. All registered voters can vote in a primary election, regardless of which major or minor political party they are registered or even if they are registered without a specific party affiliation when:
- All the candidates for an office have the same party affiliation and the winner of the primary election will not face any opposition in the general election (i.e. no write-in candidates have qualified).
- The race is nonpartisan (i.e., prohibited from qualifying or campaigning based upon party affiliation) (e.g., judicial and school board offices, nonpartisan special districts or local referendum questions)
The General Election will be held on November 3rd. (All registered voters receive the same ballot and may vote for any candidate or question on the ballot.)
The mandatory Early Voting Periods for 2020 in Florida are:
- Primary Election: August 8 – 15
- General Election: October 24 – 31
However, your county may offer more days of early voting.
For more information on Florida Elections, please visit: https://dos.myflorida.com/elections/
If you do not live in Florida, you may find more information on voting in your area by visiting: https://www.usa.gov/voting
It is your right to vote. Make sure to use it.